A super curious, naughty, and yet compassionate 10-year-old, Diya’s life revolves around her family, best friends Biju and Ayesha, and her bestest friend, Baba.
Baba, her neighbour, is not just a spiritual teacher but the coolest adult she knows. He tells her stories, helps her parents and her, and listens to Diya’s non-stop chatter. Not just Diya’s family, everyone in the town seems to love him and look up to him.
What happens when Diya gets nervous before her annual day event? What does she do when she finds a stray puppy? What can she do when she is angry? How does one use their invisible ears? How does Baba help her and her friends? Does Baba have magical powers that he can share with Diya? Or are they just regular folks who know how to live a magical life? To know more, read the Isapuram Tales series!
The Chameleon Effect and other stories is a book about kindness, emotions, habits, prayer and God.
The Chameleon Effect and other stories is the first book in the Isapuram Series. Based on the everyday lives of Diya, her friends – Ayesha and Biju, and Baba, the book explores themes like kindness, tolerance, faith, dealing with nervousness, oneness, etc. But this exploration takes place with the mischief, impishness and humour that is part of Diya’s life. Curious to know more? Want to know :
- What happens when Diya has to deliver a speech at her annual day? How does she deal with her nervousness and fear?
- Why does Diya feel confused about Ayesha’s behaviour? How can she understand why different people pray to different Gods?
- How do Diya and Baba help the puppy they rescue from the Park?
- What is the Chameleon Effect? Can it help Diya train her mind?
- Why on earth should Diya pray? Talking to God was so boring. Or was it?